How to Install & Launch the Fortinet VPN Client (Windows)
1. Determine if you're running 32 bit Windows or 64 bit Windows before selecting a download link.
- (Windows 7)
From the Start Button choose Run... and then enter the command "System" in the dialog box that opens up. You'll be shown a screen showing whether you are running 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.
- (Windows 10)
Click on the Start Button, then right-click on Run... and then enter the command "System" in the dialog box that opens up. You'll be shown a screen showing whether you are running 32 bit or 64 bit Windows.
- Download the appropriate version of the Fortinet VPN Client (FortiClient) from links below:
- Installing the FortiClient software (Windows operating system 64bit/32bit)
- Locate the file after you have downloaded it from the link above launch it. Double-Click on it and choose Run.
- Accept the “License Agreement” and click Next.
- Then you will see the “Install screen” click Install.
- After the installation is complete you will see the “Finish screen” click on Finish.
Installation is now complete.
- The first time you launch Forticlient you'll need to acknowledge the warning and click I accept then click Configure VPN to create a profile
- Your settings should look like the settings below. The most important fields are Remote Gateway and Custom Port, if these fields don't match the screenshot your VPN will not work.
- You may choose the 'Save login' option to have Forticlient remember your username. When the settings look right click save and then attempt to sign in with your password.
LAUNCHING THE FORTINET VPN CLIENT (FORTICLIENT)
- After FortiClient has been installed, you will see a new icon appear in the System Tray
- Double-Click on the Icon to launch FortiClient. Then enter your user specific username and password. Click Connect after entering your information.
- After you have entered your username and password correctly your System Tray icon will indicate a successful VPN Connection.
- You now have a secure connection to the network.
- When you are ready to disconnect, you can double-click on the System Tray icon. It will show you session information. Click the Disconnect button.