macOS Monterey is compatible with the following Apple computers:
- MacBook – Early 2016 and later
- MacBook Air – Early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro – Early 2015 and later
- Mac mini – Late 2014 and later
- iMac – Late 2015 and later
- iMac Pro – 2017 and later
- Mac Pro – Late 2013 and later
Note – IT will only evaluate standard productivity software on the IT required software list.
The following applications are vendor-certified for macOS Monterey:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v 2020 and later; Adobe Acrobat DC System requirements
- Cisco Jabber for Mac v 14.0.3; Cisco Jabber release notes
- Note: Cisco Jabber updates are maintained by IT.
- Claris FileMaker Pro v 19.4.1 and later; Filemaker Pro System requirements
- Clarivate Endnote v 20 and later; Endnote System requirements
- Code42 Crashplan 8.7.1 and later; Code42 System requirements
- CrowdStrike 6.30 and later
- ESET 18.104.22.168 and later
- Examplify 2.8; Examplify System requirements
- Microsoft Office 2019 and later; Microsoft Office 2021 System Requirements
The following applications have not been certified by the vendor. Before upgrading to macOS Monterey, update the app to a compatible version.
- Microsoft Office 2016, Office 2011
- FortiClient VPN
- NBME SecureBrowser
These applications can be installed and run but may not be certified or may have issues that require a vendor update to address.
- Adobe Creative Cloud; Current known issues
- Cisco Jabber 14.0; Functions as expected by this version is not certified by Cisco. Update to v 14.0.3 is required.
- Dropbox; Functions as expected but Dropbox has not yet certified the current release as compatible.
- Firefox; No issues reported.
- Counterpath Bria; some disconnect issues with bluetooth audio.
- Google Chrome; Issues reported (and confirmed by at a handful of users) with downloading files.
- Pulse Secure 9.1R12 VPN client; we does not currently use this version, but the vendor states it will work. It is not now certified for macOS Monterey. Safari can't download the client installer; use Chrome or Firefox. This software also does not correctly perform the operating system version check, which may cause installation failures. Connection details may be obscured in the interface by background color.
- Pulse Secure 9.1 R11 (low use); this version installs and functions, however it is not certified compatible by Pulse. Instability may be experienced or some features may not function as expected.
IT is evaluating the compatibility of these applications: